Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Our Second Thanksgiving

Holidays are always a little hectic, but they are my favorite. We get to see family that we don't see often enough. We are so blessed to live so close to both Scott's and my parents. We love it, but it definitely makes splitting up time on holidays a tricky business. We always to our best to split the days up evenly with both families, but no matter what I feel left a little disappointed to have to leave one family early, when it would be so much fun to stay longer. I also feel the same disappointment showing up to the other side of our family late and wish we could have spent more time there as well. This also keeps Scott and I from having much of our own time as a family together on holidays. You can't have it all I guess.
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to complain. I  just wish there was a way to please everyone and not have to sacrifice time with any family. 
After splitting up Thanksgiving this year with both families, Scott came up with the great idea to have a second Thanksgiving. The Sunday following Scott made another turkey and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal just for him, Chloe, and I. 
I loved it. I can't wait to make this a tradition every year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment