Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Here comes #2

We just recently found out some very exciting news... Chloe is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!! It looks like we can expect baby #2 around August 29, 2014. How crazy is that?!
Scott and I have been talking about trying for another for about 8 or 9 months now, but still weren't feeling quite ready. It wasn't until Kenzie came to visit in November with baby Eden, and having a chance to snuggle with that sweet little girl that we finally decided to try. We wanted Chloe to have a sibling close in age. They will be a little over two years apart. 
I couldn't have been more than a week and half along that I told Scott I thought I was pregnant. He thought I was crazy. We thought it would take at least a few month of trying before we got the good news. It continued where everyday I felt pregnant. I was probably at least 8 to 10 weeks along with Chloe before I thought I felt pregnant. I never got very nauseous with her, so the fact that I have been feeling morning sickness everyday and feeling cramping pains so quickly was impossible for me to wrap my mind around. I kept telling myself that I must being imagining it because I was just wanting a baby so badly. The nausea persisted, as did the pains, and slowly increasing trips to the bathroom. 
It finally got to the point where I just needed to take a pregnancy test or I would go insane with the constant battle in my mind. 
I took a pregnancy test earlier than I should have. It says to wait 3 minutes before reading and no longer than 10. So after 3 minutes I looked and it was negative. I threw it away and just proceeded with my day. Later the nausea came back and I couldn't help but think that I still feel pregnant. I went back and looked again, about 4 hours later. It was so faintly positive that I thought I was imagining it again. I knew the test said not to check it after 10 minutes, but I also heard that there is no such thing as a false positive. I told Scott about it and we decided I will take a test in another week. We took another test and this time, though still only a faint line appeared, we knew it was positive.  
We are so excited. We found out we were pregnant, for sure, on December 16. Although, as I said, my instincts told me sooner. 
We wanted to wait until family was in town for Christmas to share the good news with them. We took these pictures of Chloe and made a small collage to give to our parents as a gift on Christmas Eve. It was so hard for me to keep it from our family for a few weeks. In fact, I was originally planning on not sharing this with everyone else until I at least made it to my first doctors appointment (especailly since I am only about five and half weeks along), but between Scott and I, we couldn't help it. We are just way to excited!

These are the pictures, as well as the videos of our parents reaction. 















No comments:

Post a Comment